Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Why We Care

There is only one planet.  For me, taking the ecological footprint quiz heightened my awareness as to the un-sustainability  of my lifestyle.  The fact that it would take 4.4 planets to support everybody on the planet if they lived like me is appalling.  Being an avid outdoors man, and into alternative/green energy, the facts speak for themselves.  
Recycling, Reducing and Reusing all can help decrease your Eco-footprint.  Using public transportation, car-pooling, or using pedestrian powered vehicles can also help reduce your footprint.  I hope to work in alternative energies fields with my degree in Mechanical Engineering.  By increasing efficiencies of geo-thermal and solar thermal technologies, carbon emissions can be reduced.
I hope to share this awareness with those around me, and to make changes in my lifestyle to help make the planet a better place.  In the blogs below I have shared some knowledge I gained from volunteering for an E-Waste drive, readings on the 'Story of Stuff' website, as well as from my Environmental 10 class with Professor Ewing-Flowers.  I hope together we can make a difference for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment